1977 -19811986 -19911993 - 19941996 - 19971998 -20002001-20022003-20052006 -20072008 -200920102011-20122013-201420152016
1977 -1981ASA was founded as the Midwest regional distributor of Audiovox mobile audio/video products in Elkhart, Indiana.
- Founded ASA Fabrication Division to do manufacturing and assembly work.
- Began development of engineering department
- Established contract manufacturing in Asia
- Established control process for 100% of ASA product design work
- ASA introduced the first 13” DC only color television specifically designed for the mobile video industry.
1993 - 1994
- ASA launched the first Flat Panel Seatback Video Entertainment system under the FlexVision® name to the mobile video industry.
- ASA is awarded its first mobile video utility patent registration. To date, ASA has been awarded several design and utility patents.
- FlexVision® brand name receives trademark registration
1996 - 1997
- Aquatronics® brand name gets trademark registration.
- Voyager® brand name receives trademark registration
- Established as Tier 1 supplier to John Deere, J.I. Case,New Holland, Freightliner and Navistar
- ASA becomes joint venture partner with Audiovox, New York.
- ASA acquires Heavy Duty Truck, Agriculture, and Construction Division from Audiovox, New York.
- Received ISO-9001 certification Awarded contract to build flat panel video entertainment systems for Nissan
- ASA introduces the mobile video industry’s first 13” flat panel flipdown entertainment system with built-in TV tuner
- Awarded United Parcel Service (UPS) contract to put observation systems on their American fleet totaling 70,000 vehicles.
- Awarded Lear mobile video contract for 2001 Ford Excursion installed in line at Ford Truck plant in Louisville, Kentucky.
- Kenworth, Peterbilt and Paccar approved vendor curbside Voyager® Camera system
- ASA awarded Foreign Trade Zone status by US Customs
- ASA awarded US postal service contract for observations systems
- ASA is awarded OEM contract for US Marine (Bayliner) 2004 model year audio business. This is a custom built OEM audio package for Bayliner, the first of its kind in the marine industry.
- ASA awarded UPS contract for observation systems in Canada and Mexico
- ASA awarded UPS contract for observation systems in Europe
- ASA awarded several new design patents for flipdown and observation monitors
- ASA purchases brand licensing rights JENSEN®, Acoustic Research, Advent, and Road gear for use in the RV, Van Conversion, Marine, and Commercial Vehicle markets.
- ASA builds new corporate headquarters in Elkhart, Indiana
- Launched extensive line of automatic switching observation camera systems with an array of front and side view camera options
- Awarded ISO-9001-2000 certification
- ASA offers B2B Portal, an intuitive program that allows customers to manage their ASA account online.
- ASA becomes sole mobile electronics provider to RV Rescue television broadcast.
- ASA launches new JENSEN JEN-X “extreme” audio/video system to Toyhauler market.
- ASA introduces waterproof heavy duty “MINI” stereo system to Agriculture, Construction, Powersports, Mower, and Off-Road markets.
- ASA develops and introduces the Voyager Wireless Observation System, an industry first. Targeted towards travel trailer, towable, and 5th wheel RV markets.
- ASA goes paperless…Begins utilizing Optical Character Recognition (OCR), a software program used to automate the extraction and importation of key data from documents.
- ASA awarded prestigious 2007 Genmar Innovation Award for new JENSEN Marine product lineup.
- ASA partners with SIRIUS Satellite Radio to integrate SIRIUS Gen3 technology into various new stereo designs.
- ASA becomes sole provider of JENSEN LCD TVs and monitors, stereos, DVD players, and Voyager Observation Systems to Trick My Truck television show aired on CMT.
- ASA introduces new Voyager Side Body Observation Cameras that utilize enhanced Super CMOS technology.
- ASA awarded exclusive right to sell Hamilton Beach microwaves and refrigerators to the RV, Marine and Commercial markets.
- ASA expands Shenzhen China office to 15 people to maintain stringent quality control in our factories and efficient overseas business practices, both here and abroad.
- ASA hosts visit from grandson of Peter Jensen
- ASA launches Stationary Omni directional antenna
- ASA adds new line of Spa specific products
- ASA Awarded ISO 9001:2008 Certification
2011-2012Advent Air rooftop air conditions, microwaves and refrigerators are added to product line up
An exclusive distributor agreement is signed with Polk Audio
Marine Audio brand name and all company assets are purchased by ASA
ASA launches line of all digital wireless observation systems under the Voyager WiSight™ brand name
ASA secures a spot as the exclusive electronics supplier to Camping World
The title of Preferred Audio/Video Supplier is awarded to ASA from the American Boatbuilders Association
2013-2014ASA introduces a full line of Bluetooth® stereos to the mobile industry
ASA reveals the first ever marine grade Polk® stereo
ASA launches first Harley-Davidson® Plug n’ Play replacement stereo
A patented auto-pairing feature is added to ASA’s line of Voyager® Camera systems
2015Launched all new website for both corporate and retail sites (JENSENRVDirect.com, JENSENMarineDirect.com, JENSENHeavyDuty.com)
ASA partners with ATA Featured Product Program to launch safety-centric JCV2015BT Heavy Duty source unit
ASA adds app control to their robust audio line up
JTV line of metal cabinet TVs is added to product offerings
Polk Ultramarine® brand name is registered and secured by ASA
New products are launched under the Marine Audio® brand name
ASA is honored with being named IBBI Supplier of the Year
ASA Electronics partnered with Keystone RV to launch the iN·Command control and monitoring system, sold exclusively in Keystone RVs for two years.
The JENSEN® JWM9A is launched as the first theater-style wallmount stereo of its kind with app control to connect with our jControl app.
ASA Electronics Introduces New Larger 6.5” JENSEN® Replacement Speakers HDX650 for Harley-Davidson®. These speakers can be a direct replacement for the stock speakers in Harley-Davidson® fairings.
2016ASA launches JENSEN JSB4000 soundbar to the RV industry
American Boatbuilders Association extends ASA's contract through 2020
ASA receives patent on its Auto-Pairing Wireless Camera System designed for tractor-trailer applications
ASA introduces WVOS541AP camera system that supports up to four wireless cameras
ASA launches VOM73MM a rearview mirror replacement observation system
New rear sensor system is introduced that gives both an audible and visual notification when it detects an object within range